Terms & Conditions
You appear to be using Internet Explorer. To get the best experience, we recommend using a more modern web browser to shop on our site such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
You can continue to use Internet Explorer to access our website, however we recommend using a more modern web browser such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox to get the best experience on our website.
This is because Microsoft will soon be dropping support for Internet Explorer, after which the browser will no longer receive security updates. So to protect our customers from cyber crime, we will be ending support in the future.
Your version of the Safari web browser is no longer supported.
Our website uses the latest technologies to keep our customers data safe and to protect you from cyber crime, which means we can no longer support your web browser due to its age.
Please visit our website from a more modern web browser such as Google Chrome.
All products are subject to availability.
All promotional offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from GardenBird.
GardenBird will accept payment by most major credit and debit cards. Payment will be taken from your account at the time of ordering.
All credit/debit card payments are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non–delivery.
Your order will be carefully packed and despatched by either courier or first class post to any UK address. Please allow up to three working days for orders to be delivered from time of ordering.
Unfortunately, GardenBird is unable to deliver to PO Box numbers.
If possible we suggest that you obtain the full UK postal address before ordering. However, we cannot accept responsibility, on the rare occasions, if your order is not delivered by Royal Mail or our courier service.
GardenBird cannot be held liable for incorrectly provided recipient's addresses. In the event a parcel is returned to us or we have to redirect it from an incorrect address, the charge may be passed onto the customer.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
We pack some sizes of bag including our 5kg bags at the point of purchase. Unfortunately this can sometimes add an extra to the time taken to dispatch your order.
Please see our Guarantee Information page
Please refer to our delivery section for terms specific to our deliveries.
We run competitions periodically. The below terms and conditions set out your rights when you participate:
- All prizes are as stated, non-transferable, cannot be exchanged and have no cash value.
- If you send us your photos for any reason (not just competitions), you agree that we may use these in our marketing materials. Where appropriate and at our discretion, we will give credit to the photographer.
- Winners have 30 days to claim their prize from when we first attempt contact. We will do our utmost to contact the winners using the details provided.
- Once we have your details, we will get your prize to you within 30 days (often much quicker depending on the prize).
- If the winner does not come forward to collect their prize within 30 days, we reserve the right to contact the next runner up, or withdraw the prize completely.
- While we do not anticipate needing to, we reserve the right to alter the prize at any time.
- We reserve the right to withhold prizes in extreme circumstances, although we will do our best to avoid this (for example, but not limited to if an entrant/customer is found to have abused the process or cheated)
- Unless stated otherwise, you can only enter each competition once.
- You agree that we may contact you in relation to the competition. For example to contact prize winners, or send a follow up email with photos from the competition.
- Competitions are open to UK residents only aged 18 or over (unless stated otherwise).
- Please refer to the marketing material for any additional terms and conditions relating to that competition (e.g. if its a competition, check the email for additional terms).
- Discounts are as specified in the marketing material associated with them.
- Offers, discount codes and free gifts cannot be added to an order after you have placed it. Please make sure you have entered any discount codes before you place an order.
- Please double check before you pay that your free gift and basket are as you expected them to be. For example if you successfully add a discount voucher to your order, then alter your order, your basket may change and you could lose your discount code.
- Promotional offers/discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (including reward points) unless specified otherwise on the marketing material. If you have multiple discount codes, it is up to you which one you want to use. Similarly you cannot spend reward points and use a discount code at the same time.
- We reserve the right to withdraw an offer at any time, although we will try and avoid this
- We reserve the right to alter the discount or gift at any time. Again we will try and avoid this if we can.
- All discount codes are single use unless we specifically specify a quantity.
- If you received a welcome offer, it is limited to one per customer/household. You must log in or create an account to use this offer. The code cannot be used on sale items or during sale events (e.g. black friday or christmas and new year sales).
- We reserve the right to prevent certain offers from being used alongside other offers. For example discount codes cannot be used with refer a friend of reward points.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order found to be abusing our vouchers. i.e. using discount vouchers to get more than intended off the purchase price. Whilst we do everything we can to avoid this, we do reserve this right to protect our business.
- All offers have a specified time frame on them. We cannot accept offer codes after the expiration time - even just a few minutes past.
- Many 3rd party websites (i.e. not found on the Garden Bird website or in our marketing materials such as social media and our emails) claim to offer discounts. Only discounts offered through our official marketing materials can be used on our website.
- For promotions requiring a minimum spend, e.g. 'spend over £100 for a free gift', the £100 refers to the amount you actually pay. Not the amount before any other discounts are applied.
- Reward points cannot be used alongside discount codes.
- Any delivery offers (such as 'Free Express') exclude heavy orders and made to order products (e.g. stone bird baths).
- Reward Points expire 1 year after earning. We will notify you by email 30 days before to give you an opportunity to spend points before they expire.
- There is no cash alternative. The points do not, at any time become equivalent to cash.
- Discounts cannot be redeemed retrospectively after you have made a purchase - please ensure you are logged in to your account in order to redeem your points at the checkout.
- We reserve the right to prevent certain offers and discount codes being used alongside reward points.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions, including withdrawal of this scheme at any time without notice or recompense.
- We reserve the right to remove items on promotion, in a sale or discounted from the Reward Points scheme.
- We reserve the right to withdraw a members reward points at our discretion. This will only be done in extreme circumstances (for example if a member is found to be abusing the scheme or any other aspect of our site not necessarily related to reward points).
- Rewards points cannot be redeemed alongside discount codes as only one discount type can be used per order. You must choose one or the other.
Bird Food Subscription Service (Regular Ordering Club)
- To enter into the bird food subscription service, you will need to download and complete the form on our website.
- You must subscribe a set number of months to qualify for the discount. Please refer to the bird food subscription page for details.
- By completing the subscription form, you agree that we may use your details to bill your card as stated in the form you send in (in the months you specify), until such time that you instruct us otherwise.
- Postage and packaging charges may apply. To avoid postage charges, we advise buying over £25 or 12.55kg weights.
- Orders will typically be dispatched within 5 working days of the start of the month.
- Any changes to your order for the next month must be made before the end of the current month.
- Prices do go up as well as down due to market conditions and the amount you are billed will vary depending on these conditions.
- The price we charge will be 10% under the price listed on our website at the time of putting your order through each month (as long as you are eligible - see the subscription page for details on getting the 10% discount).
- We make no guarantees that your order will be in stock at the beginning of the month, although we will do what we can to make sure we have plenty of stock available. If we do not have stock available for an item you have ordered, we will contact you to let you know.
- Please refer to the Bird Food Subscription page for further guidance on specific terms such as details of the discount.
GardenBird take the security of our customer's personal data very seriously. Industry best practices have been employed in the design and development of the GardenBird website. Independent Internet security specialists were used to validate the site security.
Steps taken to ensure security include: Once your order is completed all your data is securely transmitted to a GardenBird server that is not accessible by anyone via the Internet. Access to the GardenBird Servers containing sensitive information is prevented using firewall technology.
All customers are authenticated before payment details are captured. Internet users can browse the contents of the site, but cannot order from the site until they have registered. No ability to access customer account maintenance or to view customer order history will be allowed without the provision of a secure password by a customer.
All transmissions of sensitive information from a client's session to the GardenBird servers and vice–versa are secured using industry standard SSL encryption techniques.