You appear to be using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will no longer be supported by Microsoft after June 2022 after which we will drop support too.
We strongly recommend switching to a more modern web browser to shop on our site such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
Your version of the Safari web browser is no longer supported.
Our website uses the latest technologies to keep our customers data safe and to protect you from cyber crime, which means we can no longer support your web browser due to its age.
Please visit our website from a more modern web browser such as Google Chrome.
Delivery is FREE on orders over £25 (to most of mainland GB*).
All orders are shipped via Express 1-2 working days as standard*.
Orders under £25 incur a delivery charge of £3.99.
*GB mainland only and other exclusions apply. Please see below for full details.
Good To Know
- Express Shipping - All of our orders are shipped to you in 1-2 working days (week days only). Some exclusions do apply such as heavy items and out of areas where it isn't possible to get an item delivered in that timeframe. We may occasionally revert this option during extremely busy periods to avoid disappointment.
- Out of Areas Deliveries - Unfortunately due to increased carriage costs to out of areas locations we are no longer able to offer free shipping to certain areas including Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Man and other outlying areas. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The shipping costs for out of areas postcodes can be found below.
- Small Items - For smaller items, delivery options may vary. For example, the 'Leave Safe' delivery option may not be available.
- Secure Delivery/Leave Safe - DPD offer 'Secure Delivery' and 'Leave Safe' options. You'll need to be in for 'Secure Delivery' deliveries and DPD will leave your parcel in your safe place with the 'Leave Safe' delivery. You can set your leave safe location via their app or via the email they send you the day before your delivery.
- Item Availability - If for any reason part of your order is unavailable within the delivery timescales, we will ship all available items and send the unavailable item as soon as possible.
- Package Weights - Our boxes are shipped in weights of up to 30kg. If you are unable to carry this much, please ask a neighbour or family member for help, or consider opening the box and taking the items out one at a time to move. If you're ordering large quantities of seed, consider purchasing a seed storage container.
- Delivery Notifications - The delivery company will email you the day before your parcel is sent out to let you know. They may offer options in the email to have your order redelivered, delivered to a neighbour and more options (depending on the courier and the delivery method you have chosen).
- International Deliveries - We do not currently offer deliveries abroad.
- DPD Accessibility Options - If you need more time to get to the door for you delivery, DPD have launched a feature called 'More Time Needed' in their app. Simply download the app and when the delivery shows up in it, select the relevant option. You can also specify the exact location for your parcel to be left via the DPD app using what3words.
- Contact Free Delivery - All of the delivery companies we use offer contact free deliveries as the default. Please read on for further information.
Contact Free Deliveries
For DPD Deliveries - Select 'Secure Delivery' and the driver will place the parcel on your doorstep, ring the doorbell/knock and step back to a safe distance. The driver will then take a photo of the package on your doorstep (preferably with the door open) as proof of delivery.
If you're going to be out - For both companies, if you are not going to be in, please nominate a safe place. Both companies will send you an email before the delivery is due to arrive, please follow the links to pick a safe place. Alternatively you can use their apps.
DPD Delivery Options
DPD offer two options for delivery, the biggest difference being whether or not you need to be in for the delivery.
Leave Safe Delivery Option - Select 'Leave Safe' if you think you won't be in when the parcel arrives. You must provide instructions when DPD email you with your delivery confirmation, which is sent to you both the day before and in the morning on the day of delivery. If you do not provide leave safe instructions, then the driver will leave your parcel at their discretion. By nominating a safe place, you accept responsibility once it is left at your property.
Secure Delivery Option - The driver will knock and take a photo of the item in your doorway as proof of delivery. If you aren't in, you can provide instructions via the links in the delivery confirmation email DPD will send you both the day before your delivery and on the morning of your delivery. You can also provide instructions via the DPD app. Please note you might also see this option referred to as a 'Signed For Delivery', however since Covid a signature is no longer required, hence we've changed the name to better explain this option. If you have a leave safe preference saved in the app then this will mean that your secure delivery can be left safe if you are not available.
The DPD AppIf you choose to use the optional DPD app, you'll have greater control over your delivery options. Download the app to be able to: specify which neighbours to deliver to if you're out (and which ones to avoid!), specify a leave safe location, redirect your parcel to a participating local store, take a photo of your house to help the driver identify it, take a photo of where you'd like the driver to leave your parcel (leave safe). You can download the DPD app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Please check your delivery settings prior to making an order, as DPD may default to your last chosen safe place.
DPD will also email you the day before your delivery and on the day to confirm your delivery slot. These emails will contain a link for you to adjust your delivery on their website.
Please note that you can download the app at any time to set your default preferences. To specify different preferences for an order you've just placed with us, you'll need to wait until your order has been packed and sent on to DPD before it shows up in their system.
Out Of Areas Costs
Unfortunately due to increased carriage costs to out of areas locations we are no longer able to offer free shipping to certain areas including Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Man and other outlying areas. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The table below outlines these costs.
|Postcode||Under 1.8kg||Under £25||Over £25||Additional Boxes
|Mainland UK Express Delivery (1-2 working days delivery option)||£3.99||£3.99||FREE||FREE|
|AB31-56 (Express Unavailable)
PH15-18 (Express Unavailable)
|Isle Of Man (IM)||£3.99||£14.99||£8.99||£8.50
|Northern Ireland (BT)||£3.99||£12.99||£7.99||£5.00
|Channel Islands (JE, GY, TR21-25)||£3.99||£21.99||£15.99||£15.50
Separately Shipped Items
Certain products are shipped directly from our suppliers in order to get them to you in the best condition. These include all live foods and certain bird baths. We clearly mark each item that will be shipped separately in the product description.
Certain products such as our made to order stone bird baths, are excluded from any delivery offers.
DPD will make a maximum of two delivery attempts before returning the order back to us, if the order is then sent back to us there will be a £7.50 charge for the failed delivery attempt. The DPD app offers a host of leave safe and diversion options for you to use if you are unable to be home for your secure delivery.
Deliveries to Business Addresses
DPD may deliver outside of the standard working hours, please bear this in mind if delivering to a business address. There will be a £7.50 charge if, after two failed delivery attempts, the order is sent back to us.
Delivery Phishing/Scam Email Attempts
If you receive an email asking for money for a parcel delivery, or something doesn't quite add up, please double check with the courier before handing over any money as this could be a scam. If you are unsure about an email you have received from a 3rd party such as a delivery company, we would always recommend going directly to that companies website and entering your tracking number rather than clicking the links in the email.
We cannot advise on this ourselves, but you can seek advice from our couriers who would be happy to advise further. You can find further information on these attempts on the DPD website.
Ordering From Abroad
Although we don't currently deliver outside of the areas mentioned on this page, you can purchase a gift on our website from abroad for delivery to someone in the UK.
To do this, shop as normal and at the checkout enter your current billing address. It may still say United Kingdom as the country, if it does please ignore this field your payment will still go through.