You appear to be using Internet Explorer. To get the best experience, we recommend using a more modern web browser to shop on our site such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
You can continue to use Internet Explorer to access our website, however we recommend using a more modern web browser such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox to get the best experience on our website.
This is because Microsoft will soon be dropping support for Internet Explorer, after which the browser will no longer receive security updates. So to protect our customers from cyber crime, we will be ending support in the future.
Your version of the Safari web browser is no longer supported.
Our website uses the latest technologies to keep our customers data safe and to protect you from cyber crime, which means we can no longer support your web browser due to its age.
Please visit our website from a more modern web browser such as Google Chrome.
Delivery is FREE on orders over £25*.
Orders under £25 incur a delivery charge of £3.99.
*exclusions apply such as out of areas. Please see below for full details.
Good To Know
- Contact Free Delivery - All of the delivery companies we use offer contact free deliveries as the default. Please read on for further information.
- Express Shipping - Should you need your order faster, you can upgrade to express shipping (1-2 days) at the checkout from £2.00. For orders over £75, express shipping is free. We may occasionally remove this option during busy periods to avoid disappointment.
- Out of Areas Deliveries - Unfortunately due to increased carriage costs to out of areas locations we are no longer able to offer free shipping to certain areas including Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Man and other outlying areas. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The shipping costs for out of areas postcodes can be found below.
- Small Items - For smaller items, delivery options may vary. For example, the 'Leave Safe' delivery option may not be available.
- Secure Delivery/Leave Safe - DPD offer 'Secure Delivery' and 'Leave Safe' options. You'll need to be in for 'Secure Delivery' deliveries and DPD will leave your parcel in your safe place with the 'Leave Safe' delivery. You can set your leave safe location via their app or via the email they send you the day before your delivery.
- Item Availability - If for any reason part of your order is unavailable within the delivery timescales, we will ship all available items and send the unavailable item as soon as possible.
- Package Weights - Our boxes are shipped in weights of up to 30kg. If you are unable to carry this much, please ask a neighbour or family member for help, or consider opening the box and taking the items out one at a time to move. If you're ordering large quantities of seed, consider purchasing a seed storage container.
- Delivery Notifications - The delivery company will email you the day before your parcel is sent out to let you know. They may offer options in the email to have your order redelivered, delivered to a neighbour and more options (depending on the courier and the delivery method you have chosen).
- International Deliveries - We do not currently offer deliveries abroad.
Contact Free Deliveries
For DPD Deliveries - Select 'Secure Delivery' and the driver will place the parcel on your doorstep, ring the doorbell/knock and step back to a safe distance. The driver will then take a photo of the package on your doorstep (preferably with the door open) as proof of delivery.
If you're going to be out - For both companies, if you are not going to be in, please nominate a safe place. Both companies will send you an email before the delivery is due to arrive, please follow the links to pick a safe place. Alternatively you can use their apps.
DPD Delivery Options
DPD offer two options for delivery, the biggest difference being whether or not you need to be in for the delivery.
Leave Safe Delivery Option - Select 'Leave Safe' if you think you won't be in when the parcel arrives. You must provide instructions when DPD email you with your delivery confirmation, which is sent to you both the day before and in the morning on the day of delivery. If you do not provide leave safe instructions, then the driver will leave your parcel at their discretion. By nominating a safe place, you accept responsibility once it is left at your property.
Secure Delivery Option - The driver will knock and take a photo of the item in your doorway as proof of delivery. If you aren't in, you can provide instructions via the links in the delivery confirmation email DPD will send you both the day before your delivery and on the morning of your delivery. You can also provide instructions via the DPD app. Please note you might also see this option referred to as a 'Signed For Delivery', however since Covid a signature is no longer required, hence we've changed the name to better explain this option.
The DPD AppIf you choose to use the DPD app, you'll have greater control over your delivery options. Download the app to be able to: specify which neighbours to deliver to if you're out (and which ones to avoid!), specify a leave safe location, redirect your parcel to a participating local store, take a photo of your house to help the driver identify it, take a photo of where you'd like the driver to leave your parcel (leave safe). You'll can download the DPD app from your phone or tablets app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).
Downloading the app is optional. DPD will also email you the day before your delivery and also on the day to confirm your delivery slot. These emails will contain a link for you to adjust your delivery on their website - for example to deliver to a neighbour (you'll need to download the app to say which ones to avoid).
Please note that you can download the app at any time to set your default preferences. To specify different preferences for an order you've just placed with us, you'll need to wait until your order has been packed and sent on to DPD before it shows up in their system.
Please check your delivery settings prior to making an order, as DPD may default to your last chosen safe place.
Click here for a guide on how to use the app and specify delivery instructions
Option 1: Set your default delivery preferences
You can setup your default delivery options in the DPD app. After that, the driver will follow your instructions each time they deliver. Please note this only applies to DPD orders and it will apply to anything they deliver to you.
Option 2: Deliver to and avoid certain neighbours
You can select which neighbours you would prefer the driver try and leave your parcel and which neighbours the driver should avoid
Option 3: Leave safe options (with photos)
Select a place where the driver can safely leave your parcel, plus take a photo of your safe place to help them find it
Option 4: Redirect to a pickup shop
Redirect your parcel to a participating local shop where you can pick it up later. You'll find a list of local shops that participate in this scheme in the app. Only shops in the app are eligible.
Option 5: Setup instructions for each delivery attempt
Specify what the driver should do on the first, second and other delivery attempts
Review your options
Review your options and save your preferences. Once you setup your default delivery options, you won't have to do it again.
Remember that to do this, you'll need to download the DPD app from your app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store). The page may look a little different depending on your device. These options only apply to deliveries from DPD and will apply to any company that uses DPD (so from both us and other companies that use DPD).
Out Of Areas Costs
Unfortunately due to increased carriage costs to out of areas locations we are no longer able to offer free shipping to certain areas including Northern Ireland, the Scottish Highlands and Islands, the Isle of Man and other outlying areas. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The table below outlines these costs.
|Postcode||Under 1.8kg||Under £25||Over £25||Additional Boxes|
|AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50||£3.99||£5.99||£3.99||£2.50|
|HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3||£3.99||£5.99||£3.99||£2.50|
|Isle Of Man (IM)||£3.99||£14.99||£8.99||£8.50|
|Northern Ireland (BT)||£3.99||£12.99||£7.99||£5.00|
|Channel Islands (JE, GY, TR21-25)||£3.99||£21.99||£15.99||£15.50|
Separately Shipped Items
Certain products are shipped directly from our suppliers in order to get them to you in the best condition. These include all live foods and certain bird baths. We clearly mark each item that will be shipped separately in the product description.
Certain products such as our made to order stone bird baths, are excluded from any delivery offers.
Delivery Phishing/Scam Email Attempts
If you receive an email asking for money for a parcel delivery, or something doesn't quite add up, please double check with the courier before handing over any money as this could be a scam. If you are unsure about an email you have received from a 3rd party such as a delivery company, we would always recommend going directly to that companies website and entering your tracking number rather than clicking the links in the email.
We cannot advise on this ourselves, but you can seek advice from our couriers who would be happy to advise further. You can find further information on these attempts on the DPD website.
Ordering From Abroad
Although we don't currently deliver outside of the areas mentioned on this page, you can purchase a gift on our website from abroad for delivery to someone in the UK.
To do this, shop as normal and at the checkout enter your current billing address. It may still say United Kingdom as the country, if it does please ignore this field your payment will still go through.